Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I Believe

O.K. I admit it....it's no secrete really....but I'm a tomboy! Growing up, I preferred to get down and dirty in the sand pit with my brother's toys than to have a tea party with dolls. My brother got a skate board one Christmas and just couldn't wait to try it out! Then there was the year he got a BMX for his birthday...boy did that bike go fast. My parents tried in vain to get me to be more "lady like" but never succeeded, so they eventually gave up and turned their efforts to my sister instead. She did not disappoint and my parents at last had a little girl in the family.

But to my defence, the 80's really wasn't a very feminine era (am I showing my age?). Think about it. There was Transformers, He-man, Night rider, Dukes of Hazard and really big shoulder pads.....at least that's my recollection of the 80's.

Now, if they had half the cute girly things in the 80's that they have now, I may very well have turned out to be a different person(think fairy wings and tiaras). Anyway, now that I'm the grown up and the only girl in the household, I've decided to become more in tune to my inner "girly" child. So when I saw these wings yesterday, I just had to have them. They are very small but sooo cute.




And here's some more from my collection...

Fairy Princess







Angel Baby



Oh, by the way...Yes, I believe!

1 comment:

bubbles said...

Girly sister here :P
How do I follow your blog? Mine has a little "follow" button, but I can't see one on yours.