Saturday, July 4, 2009

Something Special

A few weeks back, I put out a call for newborns under two weeks old to update my portfolio. While I know that the first few weeks are always busy with a newborn and the time goes by so fast, there is just something so special about photographing the first two weeks of life. That fresh newborn curl, the baby pout, fresh wrinkles..... I love them all. After the first two weeks, babies become more alert, stretch out more and it's just more difficult to replicate some of the poses possible at the early stage.

Lucky for me one of my friends had a fresh newborn just for me to photograph! She's just eight days old here and was such a good little model. I can't pick a favourite but here are just a few from our three hour session......Yes good photos take time.


I just love watching babies sleep...


I love miss Lulu's curl...


This shot was just too sweet not to post.




I've been wanting to try this one out for quite some time now and I love how it turned out.



Miss Lulu's mum loved this basket and really wanted to get one with her in it. It took some coaxing but here is the result.



This session was just so much fun and I could have kept photographing all day. There were more ideas in my head that I didn't get to try out because my little man was sick (yes again) so our session had to end.


Congratulations J and J. Lulu is just too cute for words and I can't wait to photograph her at six months.

No comments: