Monday, February 23, 2009

Post Processing

I simply enjoy photography. From the time my dad handed me his trusty K1000 and said:

"Here, go do something with this..."

I've taken absolute delight in capturing images of all sorts. My favourite type of photography is portrait photography because I love trying to capture the true personality of a person and I love babies, because....let's face it, they are just lovable! But I also love nature and landscape photography just for the colours in them.

In the days when I shot with film, I'd choose my film and photo labs with care to make sure that I had the best chance of getting the beautiful images that I hoped to capture. But in this digital world, I can control some of these variables through post processing.

What is post processing? Well, for me, it's a process of making a good image even better. Here's an example of some of my post processing work:

Before:



After:



Personally, I think that the time spent in post processing is well worth it. What do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!